European Research Council Advanced Grants
Jan 9, 2012
European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grants are intended to promote substantial advances in the frontiers of knowledge and to encourage new productive lines of enquiry and new methods and techniques, including unconventional approaches and investigations at the interface between established disciplines. ERC Advanced Grants allow exceptional established research leaders of any nationality and any age to pursue ground-breaking, high-risk projects that open new directions in their respective research fields or other domains.
The ERC Advanced Grant funding targets researchers who have already established themselves as independent research leaders in their own right.
ERC Advanced Grants in brief
- Research field: any field of science, engineering and scholarship
- Researchers: any nationality, any age. Applicants must be scientifically independent and have a recent research track-record and profile which identifies them as leaders in their respective field(s) of research
- Evaluation Criterion: scientific excellence
- Host Institution: research must be conducted in a public or private research organization (known as a Host Institution/HI) located in one of the EU Member States or Associated Countries
- Funding: up to € 2.5 million per grant (in some circumstances up to € 3.5 million per grant)
- Duration: up to 5 years
Deadline for submission of applications:
- Physical Sciences and Engineering: 16 February 2012
- Life Sciences: 14 March 2012
- Social Sciences and Humanities: 11 April 2012