Creating successful transatlantic partnerships for biotechnology in Europe
Mar 29, 2012 - Mar 30, 2012
The European Biotechnology Network is organising two meetings on building transatlantic partnerships, taking place on 29 and 30 March 2012 in Brussels.
‘Doing the Business’ on 29 March is an intensive workshop on the logistics of doing business in the U.S. Nancy Levy, of BioHealth Management in Boston, Mass, leads the workshop in Brussels. The highlights will be
- What is different in the USA?
- What do you need to be successful in the USA?
- Corporate partnering
- Groups with money
- Grants from federal government
- Market and market numbers
‘Building Transatlantic partnerships’ on 30 March brings together key actors in Europe-U.S. biotech partnerships to explore how you build, fund and manage partnerships for business and academia. The meeting focuses on funding mechanisms including EC, NIH, Gates Foundation and Department of Defense to support partnerships.
Keynote speakers confirmed are the European Commission (BE), National Cancer Institute Technology Transfer Center NIH (U.S.) and Medicines for Malaria Venture (CH).
The sessions will include:
- Funding drivers behind transatlantic partnerships
- Business partnerships in action
- Clinical partnerships in action
- Research partnerships in action
- Managing transatlantic partnerships