2012 Annual Meeting - The 10th Anniversary of the National Postdoctoral Association (NPA)
Mar 16, 2012 - Mar 18, 2012
San Francisco, California, USA
The NPA Annual Meeting is the largest meeting and networking event in the postdoctoral community in the U.S. Each meeting is highly engaging and productive for postdoctoral scholars, administrators, and other individuals working to enhance the postdoctoral experience.
The Meeting goals are to
- promote the programs and policy agenda of the NPA,
- provide networking opportunities for the postdoctoral community,
- foster leadership skills development for prospective and current postdoctoral association (PDA)/postdoctoral office (PDO) leadership.
Professional workshops shall contribute to group discussion and promote problem-solving in order to
- foster a two-way exchange between the NPA and its membership, with respect to policies, programs, best practices and collaborative efforts,
- enhance the leadership skills and professional development of prospective and current postdoctoral association leaders and postdoctoral office officials, in order to more effectively serve the postdoctoral community at their institutions and nationally,
- increase the knowledge and understanding of participants regarding issues affecting the postdoctoral community.